Community Volunteer Connections Is Excited to Announce That the Call for Nominations to The Board of Directors Is Now Open.
Fraser North - Community Volunteer Connections Society (CVC) is seeking board members to join our governance Board of Directors. We are a registered charitable organization whose mission is to promote and foster volunteerism in the communities of Coquitlam, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, and Port Moody.
The Board operates as a team of committed volunteers who contribute their time and energy to provide support to staff who manage the day-to-day operations of programs and events serving the Society’s catchment area.
Board support is provided through governance, strategic leadership, policy development, and oversight of the societies financial performance and effectiveness. Directors are asked to serve in an executive role (treasurer, secretary, chair, or vice-chair) or standing committee:
- Research & Development
- Youth Leadership
New members will be supported and mentored by the existing Board of Directors to help ease the transition into a leadership role. Participation on the Board is voluntary and there is no remuneration for service.
- Board term begins September 2020.
- Board members serve for a two-year term.
- Committee members serve for a one-year term.
- Directors may stand for re-election to a maximum of six consecutive years.
- Promise to uphold CVC’s Vision and Values.
- Appreciation for volunteerism and the voluntary sector.
- Dedication to devote the time necessary to attend 10 board meetings each year.
- Commitment to perform the responsibilities of a Board member.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills.
- Skilled professionals with board experience are preferred.
- Live and/or work in the Tri-Cities.
- Please submit a cover letter and your résumé by May 31, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All submissions will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee to be selected for an interview.
- During the interview, each applicant will be asked to speak briefly about their commitment to volunteer engagement and highlight attributed qualities that would make them an excellent director.
- The Board will meet and review the Nominations Committee recommendations and then motion for a selection.
- Newly elected Directors will be asked to sign a Confidentiality Agreement, and Code of Conduct.
CVC is strongly committed to equity and inclusion within the community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Persons with Disabilities, Persons of Colour, Indigenous and 2SLGBTQIAP community members. We thank all applicants in advance, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about the role and nomination process – please contact Filio Kondylis at email@example.com