Individuals & Families!
Not Sure How to Start volunteering?
You want to volunteer, but you’re not sure where to start. I’m here to help you find volunteer opportunities in Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody and neighbouring communities.
We also hold annual volunteer fairs, which is a great way to meet organizations and learn about the work they do. Sign up for our newsletter to get updates.
Start with CVC Your local volunteer centre
For families wanting to volunteer
If you’re an individual looking for an opportunity for your family, connect with Danielle to start a conversation about what opportunities exist for families.
For individuals needing volunteers
Occasionally, we receive requests for volunteer support from individuals in the community with mobility challenges or living on a fixed income. We’re in contact with more than 150 organizations in the Tri-Cities and if there’s an organization that can help, we’re happy to connect you with them.
Willing to wait for the perfect opportunity?
Subscribe to volunteer news HERE. We’ll deliver bi-weekly information on volunteer opportunities, volunteer events and workshops for volunteers, as well as spotlight nonprofits in the neighbourhood.
Searching for volunteer opportunities can be overwhelming. There are many things to consider, such as the volunteer location, volunteer commitment, your values, and the reason you want to volunteer. Get to know yourself and the options available to you.
- Some volunteer roles are short-term, from one day events to short-term projects up to three months.
- Other roles might be long-term, with regular shifts that are ongoing and suit individuals that are looking for a way to support their community regularly.
- There are also virtual volunteer roles from the comfort of your home with a flexible schedule.
- And there are volunteer roles that are more skills-based which is perfect for individuals wanting to expand their skills set.
- A great place to learn about skills-based volunteering is Volunteer Canada.