Volunteer in the Mental Health Field
If you're interested in the mental health and social services field, volunteering as a MHIS volunteer is the perfect opportunity for you. Gain hands-on experience while working with residents in long-term and short-term care at the Timber Creek facility in Surrey, or the Riverview Lodges in Coquitlam.
What a Mental Health volunteer does
Help residents become acquainted/reaquainted with the public transit system. Assist staff in the facilitation of programs and activities for residents. Encourage and assist the residents to participate in recreational activities. Volunteer in a cross-functional collaborative work environment to achieve common goals.
- Knowledge of mental health
- You have an interest in the mental health field
- You are without bias or pre-judgment
- You're responsible & have respect for all people
- You have excellent communication skills
- You're able to work independently & as part of a team
Must be 19+ years of age.
Must be able to commit to 6 months of weekly 4-hour shifts.
A COVID-19 vaccination card is required to volunteer.
Send your cover letter and resume to apply for volunteer role.
To volunteer at a Fraser Health facility in Surrey or Coquitlam, complete the following steps.
- Fill in the connect with Cheryl form.
- Include a message if you have a question.
- Submit a resume & cover letter in a PDF format.