CVC and Fraser Health have partnered through the Mental Health Integration & Support Program (MHIS) to assist the residents at Cypress, Cottonwood, and Connolly Lodges in Coquitlam and Timber Creek in Surrey to achieve a greater degree of skills to enrich their lives.
As a volunteer you can join a team committed to the principles of recovery, community integration, and meaningful lives for all.
- Helping residents become acquainted or reacquainted with the public transit system.
- Assist other staff and volunteers in the facilitation of different programs and activities.
- Encouraging and assisting the residents to participate in recreational activities such as sports, arts, and crafts, or just getting out for a walk.
- Assisting residents in accessing employment centers, websites, and other sources of potential employment.
Must be 19+ years of age.
Must have an interest in the mental health field.
Must be willing to work without bias or pre-judgment.
Must be honest, responsible, and have respect for the individuals.
Must be able to contribute at least 4 hours per week and commit to 6 months.
Must pass a criminal record check
- Knowledge of mental health concerns.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Any social/life skills that may be teachable.
How To Join the MHIS Program
Email resume and cover letter to: Cheryl at email@example.com Your cover letter should summarize why you would like to become a volunteer with the mental health program).
Cheryl will contact you for an interview to determine if you are a good fit for the program and if the program is a good fit for you.