Situated in the City of Coquitlam, Community Volunteer Connections (CVC) is a non-profit society serving the communities of Anmore, Belcarra, Coquitlam, New Westminster, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody and Surrey. Since 1976, CVC has provided volunteer services to its members and supported them in fulfilling their mandate by providing specialized volunteer support, volunteer management training and volunteer management workshops.
The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership and management of Community Volunteer Connections and is accountable to a Board of Directors. The Executive Director provides strategic and operational direction, day to day management of operations, cultivates a positive and productive workplace culture, and is responsible for developing revenue streams through funding, donors, grants and services. This role requires a visionary leader, who excels at building strong relationships, is a strategic planner and has a successful history in developing revenue.
STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP AND WORKPLACE OPERATIONS
- Overall strategic leadership and day-to-day operational management of all aspects of the Society
- Lead effective strategic, financial and operational planning in alignment with the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Manage multiple programs and projects with staff, volunteer and stakeholder teams
- Enable the organization to respond effectively and efficiently to changing community program and service needs
- Continually develop and maintain a cohesive organizational culture that attracts and retains a highly effective team of staff members
- Provide leadership to the staff team and manage the human resource function including recruitment, retention, development, performance management and employee relations
This is a senior management position at 30 hrs a week.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume in one PDF document addressed to Selection Committee. Email application to email@example.com
Application deadline: September 23, 2019 @ 5 pm