Volunteer Ambassador [Volunteer Position]
Posted: August 20, 2020
Start Date: Immediately
End Date: Ongoing
Reports To: Executive Director or Chair, Board of Directors
Organization: Community Volunteer Connections
Mission of Community Volunteer Connections
For more than 40 years, Fraser North - Community Volunteer Connections Society (CVC) has served the Tri-Cities and surrounding region by promoting volunteerism through community engagement, education, and integration. Working with non-profits, charities, agencies, and community groups, we match volunteers with opportunities in the community, to enhance the quality of life of individuals and build strong, resilient communities.
The Volunteer Ambassador is responsible for assisting in the promotion of our programs, services and brand recognition. Contribute by commenting on and liking our posts. Contribute as a writer on our blog about your volunteer experiences, or by creating graphic design images for our website and social media channels.
Hours & Days:
Volunteer hours and days are self-determined. Ambassadors that want to track volunteer hours will need to report directly to the Executive Director once a week with a summary of volunteer hours completed, and submission of completed projects.
Length: This is an informal, work from home, volunteer opportunity and suited to someone who would like to help promote the work of CVC, develop their job skills, share their volunteer experience, and assist CVC in their brand awareness and recognition.
- Contribute graphic design skills in the creation of banners and header designs using free online resources, such as Canva.
- Increase awareness of our programs and services by liking our posts, sharing, and commenting on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
- Improve your writing skills by contributing an article to our newsletter or blog on a volunteer experience you had in your community.
- Excellent communication skills, with a talent in writing and sending messages across all communication mediums.
- Familiarity with Canva, Spark, Unsplash and other free design sites to create design elements for our website and social media sites.
You must have:
- An active Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account
- An active and regularly checked email account
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in using social media.
- Access to use a computer at home.
What it means to volunteer with Community Volunteer Connections
- Community Volunteer Connections volunteer positions are non-paid positions.
- Volunteers must maintain prompt and professional correspondence at all times.
- We are a team of highly dedicated, and passionate people; volunteering can be an amazing experience with lots of opportunities to help build Community Volunteer Connections’ future and develop job skills!
Please quote Volunteer Ambassador in your email subject line.