Volunteer Title: Warehouse Volunteer
Commitment: 3 hours per week
- Monday to Friday: 9 am - 12 pm or 1 pm - 4 pm
- Monday and Tuesday: 5 pm - 8 pm
- All volunteers for this role must be 14 years or older.
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank (GVFB) is a non-profit organization with a mission to provide healthy food to those in need. The GVFB provides support to approximately 8,500 people each month across Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster and the North Shore. We also provide food support to approximately 90 community agencies throughout these communities, such as housing agencies, women and children’s shelters and after school programs, who in turn provide meals and snacks to thousands of people each week.
Our vision is to create healthy communities through fair and effective food systems. Currently, the GVFB receives, purchases and distributes 5M lbs of food each year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Come and join us where you will play a key role in supporting our operations team. You will be assisting with sorting fresh, frozen and dry food donations inside our warehouse. This role will suit someone who has a strong attention to detail, is hardworking, enjoys accomplishing tasks and can work at a fairly fast pace. Most importantly we require our volunteers in this role to be helpful, kind and supportive.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Be able to take direction.
- Work at a fairly quick pace.
- Be kind, friendly, supportive and helpful.
- Be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Be able to move and stand for around 3 hours.
- Be organized, dependable and reliable.