Volunteer Job Fair in the Tri-Cities
Community Volunteer Connections and the Coquitlam Public Library are joining together this Fall to hold a Volunteer Job Fair.
What is the Volunteer Job Fair?
This is a free event for the public that will take place at The Coquitlam Public Library City Centre Branch this October 2, 2021. Are you considering donating your time? This event is where local nonprofit organizations will have the opportunity to meet potential volunteers who’ll be given a chance to explore the volunteer options available in the Tri-Cities and Lower Mainland region.
For high school and university students seeking a chance to fulfill volunteer hour requirements, this is an event to find those opportunities.
Why Attend the Volunteer Job Fair?
For the public:
- Meet nonprofits from a variety of causes within the Tri-Cities and Lower Mainland region
- Learn about local nonprofits and what important work they do
- Find out what volunteer opportunities are available
- Apply for volunteer opportunities
For the exhibitors:
- Meet with potential volunteers from the public and the over 300 CVC volunteers that have received invitations to the event
- Discuss what their organizations do
- Meet other nonprofit leaders in the community
- Receive applications for volunteer opportunities
Ask Margo Levae, Volunteer Coordinator with the Evergreen Cultural Centre in Coquitlam, what it means to attend the fair:
“As someone new to the role of Volunteer Coordinator, participation in the Volunteer Job Fair is all about making connections. Not only am I excited to meet new volunteers and get them excited about supporting the arts at Evergreen Cultural Centre, but I am also seeking connections with others who work in my field, who can offer me their valuable expertise. Thanks CVC!”
What to expect at the Volunteer Job Fair
Nonprofit fair exhibitors eager to discuss their organizations’ missions and to meet potential volunteers looking to volunteer their time.
For example, Julie Kanya, Coordinator of Volunteers at Minnekhada Park Association is looking forward to meeting you!
“The Minnekhada Park Association is a group of residents committed to protecting and enhancing the natural environment and historical values of Minnekhada Regional Park. We are excited for the opportunity to meet like-minded community members and connect these folks with meaningful volunteer stewardship activities and opportunities for connection to nature within Minnekhada and beyond.
The Exhibitors at the fair:
- Blanket BC
- City of Coquitlam
- Community Volunteer Connections
- Coquitlam Public Library
- Evergreen Cultural Centre
- Low Entropy
- Metro Vancouver East Community Correction
- Minnekhada Park Association
- Place Maillardville Community Centre
- The People’s Pantry Food Recovery Society
- Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society
Covid Protocols at the Fair:
As of September 13, 2021 Covid protocols outlined by the BC Provincial Health Officer require that persons attending an indoor event must provide proof of having one vaccination. This will be in effect at the time of the Fair on October 2, 2021, and will be implemented by library staff at the entranceways. Please remember to bring your proof of vaccination.
There is a maximum of 60 people total in the Fair rooms at any given time, this includes the exhibitor staff. There’ll be Community Volunteer Connection volunteers at the entrance to the Fair to ensure the count doesn’t exceed this.
Coquitlam Public Library – City Centre Branch
1169 Pinetree Way
Doors to the fair open at 11:00 am and close at 4:00 pm
Please remember to bring proof of vaccination.